Loki (Round or Long Gourd)
- Loki – 500 g
- Virgin mustard or olive oil or desi ghee – 4 dessert spoons
- Zeera – 1/4 tsp
- Whole red chillies – to taste
- Kolonji – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Peel vegetable (500 g) and chop into medium discs, not too thick or too thin.
- Warm 4 dessert spoons of virgin mustard or olive oil, or desi ghee.
- Add vegetable, quarter teaspoon zeera, whole red chillies, kolonji and salt to taste.
- Saute for 10 minutes or less on medium flame, then reduce flame and cover pot so vegetable cooks in its own steam on slow fire.
- It should be ready in 30-45 mins.